We have put together some frequently asked questions and answers. Should this not do the trick please call or email us, and we will be happy to help.
What is your COVID-19 Policy?
We have a clear 10 point policy as follows:
- Spacing of tables along with clear and effective signage to ensure social distancing guidelines are met.
- Staff comprehensively retrained in procedures and their temperatures checked prior to their shift.
- Ability for our customers to order and pay at the table using their own phone.
- Hygiene stations on entry and exit to our sites. Key touch points sanitised regularly.
- Toilets checked and cleaned every ½ hour with hygiene stations located at the entrances.
- Chefs wearing face coverings.
- Full table clean down and menu sanitised between each use.
- Customers can bring their own cutlery should they wish.
- Screens located at key customer/staff interaction points.
- Contactless payment where possible and we are going ‘cashless’.
Do you charge service?
We add a 10% optional, discretionary service charge to all bills. This goes directly to all staff, front and back of house who will be looking after you.
Do we take bookings in the pub?
We don’t book out any of the tables in the pub. This is so that they can be enjoyed by walk ins and drinkers.
Please note dogs are welcome in the pub and garden but not in the restaurant.
Do we allow children in the restaurant and pub?
Children of any age in both the pub and restaurant during the day. In the evening children must be 5 or over to eat in the restaurant and 10 or over to be in the pub. The garden is, of course, any age at any time.
Do we have disabled access?
Yes for the restaurant but unfortunately not for the pub. The entrance is via the French doors from the garden. The toilet is accessible via a covered walk way to the rear of the pub.
Can we just pop in for a drink?
The restaurant and pub have separate entrances and as such the village pub has been retained. It is a wonderful, cosy environment in which to just come and have a drink and read the paper.
What time are roasts served until on Sunday?
Roasts are served until 6pm on Sundays subject to availability.
Are dogs allowed?
Yes in the pub and garden but not in the restaurant. We even serve dog biscuits!
Do we have a car park?
Yes, for about 25 cars. There is plenty of car parking on the street should this be full, however we do ask that you give a thought to other local residents.
Do we take parties?
Yes we do. For group or party bookings, please email email@example.com mentioning your preferred date, venue and number of guests.
Do we have rooms?
We don’t but the Willow’s Guest house is adjacent to the property and can be contacted on 01480 494748.
Our sister restaurant, The Crown and Punchbowl, in picturesque village of Horningsea has nine delightful rooms.